Water Heater Services
At Aloha Plumbing, Sewers, and Drains, we understand the importance of a well-functioning water heater in your home. Whether you’re facing issues with your current water heater, considering a replacement, or just looking for maintenance tips, you’ve come to the right place. Our team of skilled professionals is here to guide you through water heater repair, replacement, and maintenance, ensuring you have a reliable and efficient system.
If you need water heater services, give us a call today!
Water Heater Repair
Is your water heater acting up? From strange noises to inconsistent water temperature, our experts at Aloha Plumbing can diagnose and fix a wide range of issues. Our repair services include:
- Thermostat Replacement: Malfunctioning thermostats can result in inadequate heating or overheating issues. Replacing a faulty thermostat can restore proper temperature control.
- Heating Element Replacement: Electric water heaters have heating elements that can burn out over time. Replacing a faulty heating element is a common repair to restore heating efficiency.
- Pilot Light Issues: For gas water heaters, problems with the pilot light, such as frequent extinguishing or difficulty staying lit, may require adjustments or part replacements.
- Leak Detection and Repair: Water heater leaks can lead to water damage in your home. Identifying and repairing leaks promptly is crucial to prevent further damage.
- Sediment Flush: Over time, sediment can accumulate at the bottom of the tank, reducing heating efficiency. Flushing the tank removes sediment and helps maintain optimal performance.
- Pressure Relief Valve Replacement: The temperature and pressure relief (TPR) valve is a safety feature that releases excess pressure. If the valve is faulty, it may need to be replaced to ensure proper safety measures.
- Anode Rod Replacement: Anode rods help prevent corrosion within the water heater tank. Replacing worn-out or corroded anode rods is a preventive measure to extend the lifespan of the unit.
Water Heater Replacement
Sometimes, repair may not be the best option, especially if your water heater is old or experiencing frequent issues. Aloha Plumbing offers professional water heater replacement services, helping you choose the right system for your needs. Signs you might need a water heater replacement include:
- Lack of Hot Water: Insufficient or no hot water is a clear indicator that there may be an issue with the heating elements, thermostat, or other components.
- Inconsistent Water Temperature: If the water temperature fluctuates unexpectedly during use, it could be a sign of a malfunctioning thermostat, heating element, or other control components.
- Strange Noises: Unusual sounds, such as banging, popping, or rumbling, may indicate sediment buildup in the tank, which can affect heating efficiency.
- Leaks Around the Water Heater: Any visible leaks around the water heater may suggest a problem with the tank or connections. Prompt identification and repair are crucial to prevent water damage.
- Rusty or Discolored Water: Rusty or discolored water coming from your taps may indicate corrosion inside the water heater tank. This could lead to leaks and the need for tank replacement.
- Foul Odor in Hot Water: A foul odor in hot water may be a sign of bacteria growth inside the tank. Flushing the tank or replacing the anode rod can address this issue.
- Pilot Light Issues: For gas water heaters, issues with the pilot light, such as frequent extinguishing or difficulty staying lit, may indicate a problem with the thermocouple or gas control valve.
Water Heater Maintenance
Regular water heater maintenance is crucial for ensuring the continued efficiency and longevity of your unit. Over time, sediment can accumulate in the tank, affecting heating performance and potentially causing damage to the system. Routine maintenance tasks, such as flushing the tank to remove sediment, inspecting the anode rod, and checking the pressure relief valve, help prevent issues like leaks, inconsistent water temperature, and premature wear. Additionally, maintenance allows for the early detection of potential problems, enabling timely repairs before they escalate into more significant issues. By investing in regular water heater maintenance, homeowners not only optimize energy efficiency, reducing utility costs, but also extend the life of their water heater, ultimately providing a reliable and consistent supply of hot water for the household. It’s a proactive approach that pays off in terms of performance, cost savings, and peace of mind.
Get your water heater working like new!